I love cooking and baking, especially if I’m baking sweets. When I became vegan I was very excited to experiment with cooking, so below is my favourite cupcake recipe (it tastes exactly like non-vegan cupcakes, if not better).

Blueberry Vegan Cupcakes                     

Ingredients:

• 1 Cup of non-dairy milk (I use soy or rice milk) + 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
  • 1½ Cups of Self Raising flour
  • 1 cup of raw sugar
  • ½ cup of vegan butter melted (I use nuttelex)
  •  1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
  • ⅔ cup of frozen or fresh blueberries

Method:

1. Preheat your oven (fanforce) to 180°C and line a 12 hole muffin tray with cupcake liners.
  2. Add the lemon juice into a jug with the non-dairy milk and leave to curdle for 10 minutes.
  3. Whilst waiting of the milk to curdle, melt the vegan butter in a small pot. In a large bowl add the sugar, vanilla and melted butter, and stir until well combined.
  4. Into the large bowl, sift the flour (I you want to make chocolate cupcakes, add in ½ cup of cocoa powder and take away the blueberries) and mix. Then pour in the milk mixture and stir until well combined and there are no more lumps of flour.
  5. Add the bluberries and mix until the bluberries are well incorporated. Use a ¼ cup to scoop the mixture into the cupcake tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack before consuming.