Wake up- 5:00am
Normally I will wake up at 5:00am and go for a morning surf. When I wake up I’ll drink some water, then before we go, I’ll have a banana or a fruit of some kind.
Today for breakfast I made pancakes! Here is the recipe:
- 1 Cup self raising flour
- 1 Cup non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for frying
- Sift flour in a bowl
- Add all wet ingridents to a small pot and stir to melt coconut oil
- Add wet ingridenst to dry and stir. Once well combined, scoop 1/4 cup of mixture into the pan. Cook until light brown on both sides, and cooked through
- Repeat with rest of mixture. Then enjoy!
Recess | Snacks
For recess I had; Brazil nuts, dates, mango, blueberries, strawberries, mulberries, fruits and Oreos 😋
For lunch I had pasta with pesto and roast tomatoes. I also had some homemade sweet potato chips (baked) that I made last night. The pesto is really easy:
- 1/2 Cup of basil leaves
- 1/4 Cup of Brazil nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp of lemon zest
- 5-6 Tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingridents to a food processor and blitz until it becomes a purée
For the chips, I cut them into pieces of my liking, then sprayed them with a little oil, then I seasoned them with salt, pepper and thyme. I baked them in the oven until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. For the tomorrow, I just cut them and quickly roasted them. I combined my pasta, pesto and tomatoes, and that was my lunch.
So for dinner, I had pizza. I just spread some pizza sauce on a pizza base, then topped it with tomato, capsicum, red onion, olives, sweet potato and some homemade vegan mozzarella. Here is how you make it:
- 1/2 cup raw causes soaked overnight
- 3 1/2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a small pot and stir over medium-high heat until it becomes a gooey mass (about 4 mins). Keep cooking until it is thick enough. Spread across pizza.
So so this is what I ate in a day, hope you enjoy and are able to try out these dishes!
November 14, 2016 at 1:11 pm
Yum! I can’t believe you are so organised Taiana.
Note – ingredients, couscous